The Foundation 649 Scholarship is a one-time grant of $2,000 that can be applied to college tuition. The aim of our scholarship is to promote and share Asian American culture and stories from students across the country.
- Be a degree-seeking, full-time student enrolling in a U.S. accredited university in the fall as a Freshman
- One or both parents/guardians immigrated to the US from East or South-East Asia
- Have demonstrated financial need for the scholarship
- Have a track record of involvement and interest in Asian American communities, issues, or causes
- Be a US citizen, resident, or foreign national
The application consists of a questionnaire and a short essay (1000 word maximum). Creativity is welcome – alternate media will also be accepted in place of the essay if the applicant chooses (e.g. film, photography, etc.). If you are selected as a recipient, with your permission, we plan to share your submission with our audiences.
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be Asian/Pacific Islander
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required