Students in the Flinn Scholars Program are articulate, fun-loving, and hard-working. They are generous, creative, curious—and imperfect. They have excelled in their high-school classrooms while maintaining purposeful involvement in extracurricular activities, whether in the arts or athletics, in laboratory research, or community service. They have assumed leadership roles at school and beyond.
When they arrive at their universities, Flinn Scholars extend and expand on what they have built-in high school—and often discover entirely new opportunities and passions.
To be awarded the Flinn Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder) by time of application;
- Be an Arizona resident for two full years immediately preceding entry to the university.
As a general rule, Flinn Scholarship applicants should also:
- Attain at least a 3.5 grade-point average (unweighted);
- Rank in the top 5 percent of their graduating class (if the school reports class rank);
- Participate and demonstrate leadership in a variety of extracurricular activities
Flinn Scholars Program Benefits
- The full cost of tuition and mandatory fees, plus housing and meals, valued at more than $120,000;
- Funding for a three-week summer seminar after the Scholar’s freshman year and for at least one additional study-abroad experience;
- Personal mentoring from top faculty and exposure to Arizona and global leaders in business, government, science, and the arts;
- Fellowship in an extraordinary community of more than 650 current and alumni Flinn Scholars;
- Membership in a university honors college, with amenities including small classes, guest lectures, and research experiences;
- Intellectual, cultural and social activities developed exclusively for Flinn Scholars by both the Foundation and the universities;
- Graduating without debt.
Average Flinn Scholars Program Qualifications
The Class of 2020 Flinn Scholars averaged a 3.9 GPA, top 2 percent class rank, 31 on the ACT, and 1440 on the SAT.
- For residents of the following states: Arizona
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Test scores required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Resume Required