The Eugene K. Wolf Travel Fund is a memorial to Eugene K. Wolf, a distinguished pedagogue and scholar of European music.
Eligibility. The award is to be given annually to one or more doctoral students at North American universities to conduct musicological research for their dissertation topic in Europe. Applicants must have completed all Ph.D. requirements except the dissertation. Preference will be given to applicants whose home institutions do not offer financial support for musicological research.
Topical focus. Any field of musical scholarship; research to be undertaken in Europe
Applications for the following AMS travel and research grants are reviewed by a single committee. Since the terms for these grants have overlapping areas of emphasis, applicants may request to be considered for more than one, if appropriate. A place to indicate which travel/research grant(s) you wish to be considered for is given on the application form. Although applicants may request to be considered for several grants, one only may be awarded to successful applicants. No individual may receive a travel/research grant more than once in a three-year period.
- Must currently be in high school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Essay required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- 800-character summary of your proposal, letter of support, Information regarding institution(s) you intend to visit, itinerary and budget