If you’ve experienced foster care and you’re ready to go to college, this scholarship—funded by the State of Vermont—may be right for you.
Under this scholarship, you must be enrolled in an undergraduate associate’s or bachelor’s degree program. There are no requirements as to the number of credits that you must take.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Attend an accredited school located within Vermont and approved for federal Title IV funding (Pell grants, federal Direct loans)
- Be currently under the custody of the Vermont Commissioner of the Department for Children and Families (DCF) OR be between the ages of 18 and 24 and have been under the custody of the Vermont Commissioner of the DCF for at least 6 months when you were between the ages of 16 and 18
- Demonstrate financial need
- Aged between 18 and 24 years old
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Financial need analysis required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Vermont Student Assistance Corporation
The organization seeks to ensure that all Vermonters have the necessary financial and informational resources to pursue their educational goals beyond high school.Website