The SME Education Foundation awards scholarships to current undergraduates pursuing a manufacturing career and matriculating in engineering related courses at four-year colleges and universities within the United States or Canada. Students can apply for the scholarships below through our online application during our annual acceptance period starting on November 1 and ending on February 1.
- Graduating high school senior or undergraduate student who will be enrolled in a two (2) or four (4) year college in the United States or Canada.
- Seeking an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering or technology, industrial engineering or technology or a closely related degree program.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Preference will be given to students enrolled at the University of Michigan, the University of Michigan-Dearborn, or the University of Michigan-Flint.
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Resume Required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Society of Manufacturing Engineers Education Foundation
The SME Education Foundation inspires the next generation of manufacturing and engineering talent through the Student Summit event series at SME conferences and trade shows across the country, delivering student-centric programming, hands-on challenges and competitions, technology demonstrations, and guided show floor tours.Website