A program of Beyond Type 1, Diabetes Scholars is aimed at empowering success through education for people living with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Scholars offers scholarships for T1Ds entering college.
There is one application to be considered for any and all of the scholarships – all students who fill out the application will be considered for those scholarships that match them. In addition, Diabetes Scholars also offers one scholarship to a sophomore or junior standing veterinary student.
- High school seniors with Type 1 diabetes seeking a higher education at an accredited two or four year university, college, technical or trade school in the United States.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
The application is intended for students to complete and not parents. We practice a holistic review process by seeking to understand each applicant as a whole individual, using factors such as academic excellence, extracurricular activities, volunteer history, unique interests, and strength of character demonstrated through personal essays. Diabetes Scholars Scholarships are not based on financial need.
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Diabetes Scholars Foundation
The Diabetes Scholars Foundation provides funding for Type 1 Diabetics to achieve higher education or attend conferences. Yearly, they award over 3,000 scholarships to people with diabetes wishing to attend the Children with Diabetes Friends for Life Conference who would otherwise not be able to pay for it.Website