Our 1L Diversity Scholarship Program is one significant way to help us advance diversity in the legal profession. We are offering six scholarships in the following offices: Bellevue (1), Los Angeles (1), New York (1), Portland (1), Seattle (1), and Washington, D.C. (1). As a 1L Diversity Scholarship recipient, you will receive a paid position in our Summer Associate Program and $15,000 for your second year tuition and expenses.
Our Diversity Scholarships are open to all first-year law students of diverse backgrounds who:
- Are committed to civic involvement that promotes diversity and will continue that commitment upon entering the legal profession; and
- Are committed to practicing in the location in which they are applying.
Although demonstrated need may be taken into account, applicants need not disclose their financial circumstances.
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be American Indian/Alaska Native
- Must be Asian/Pacific Islander
- Must be Black, non-Hispanic
- Must be Hispanic, Latino/a
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Resume Required
- Cover letter, Legal writing sample un-edited by a third party
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Davis Wright Tremaine
Organization offers services in most areas of law, with offices throughout the United States and overseas. It is a full-service business and litigation law firm with national practices in the areas of banking and commercial transactions, communications and media, intellectual property, employment and labor, energy, telecommunications, health care, business transactions, corporate finance and litigation.Website