The Dale J. Benos Early Career Service Award was established by the Trainee Advisory Committee in 2008 to honor an early career stage (graduate student, post-doctoral fellow, assistant professor or equivalent position) member of APS, who is judged to have made outstanding contributions to the physiology community and demonstrated dedication and commitment to furthering the broader goals of the physiology community.
- Applicant must be an APS member in good standing (either student or regular member).
- Applicant must not be above the rank of assistant professor or equivalent in government, industry or medicine.
- Applicant may not be a current member of the Trainee Advisory Committee. Former members may not apply within the year following their term ending.
- Applicants who are graduate students or postdoctoral fellows must provide confirmation from their research advisor or department chair that travel funds to the meeting will be available.
- Application form required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: American Physiological Society
The American Physiological Society (APS) is a nonprofit devoted to fostering education, scientific research, and dissemination of information in the physiological sciences. The Society was founded in 1887 with 28 members. APS now has over 10,500 members.Website