The William Nelson Cromwell Foundation makes available a number of $5,000 fellowships to support research and writing in American legal history by early-career scholars. Early-career generally includes those researching or writing a PhD dissertation (or equivalent project) and recent recipients of a graduate degree working on their first major monograph or research project.
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Recommendations or references required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- CV, Project Description
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: American Society for Legal History
The American Society for Legal History is an international academic society dedicated to fostering scholarship and teaching in the many fields of legal history around the world.Website