You’ve built your college list—now it’s time to strengthen it. As you head into your senior year, think about where you may want to apply.
Students who create a balanced list by updating their college list on BigFuture™ to have at least 3 reach colleges, 2 match colleges, and 1 safety college will earn a chance at a $500 scholarship.
The College Board will award 100 Strengthen scholarships. On the drawing dates, 100 students will be randomly selected to receive a $500 scholarship. Of those scholarships, 50 will go to students whose families earn less than $60,000 per year.
- Sign in to your College Board account and create a balanced list on BigFuture™ with at least six colleges—including 3 reach, 2 match, and 1 safety colleges—to earn one entry in the monthly drawing.
- As you explore other colleges, update your list. Maintain at least 3 reach, 2 match, and 1 safety colleges in later months to earn another entry.
To get started:
- Sign in to BigFuture™ to view your college list and/or add colleges.
- Add at least 6 colleges to your list, including 3 reach, 2 match, and 1 safety.
- Update your list in later months, with at least 6 colleges and at least 3 reach colleges, 2 match colleges and 1 safety college, to earn another entry.
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)