The Betty Stevens-Frecknall Scholarship is a prestigious national academic scholarship that is not limited to a particular college or university. Recipients must be full-time university students pursuing an academic degree in an information technology field. The selection committee will choose the scholarship recipients on the basis of scholastic ability, leadership potential and financial need.
Please note that exceptional service to fellow IT students/professionals plays a major role in the selection process. To be eligible, an applicant must be full-time university students pursuing an academic degree in an information technology field.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- A declared computer science/CIS/MIS/IT major with an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- A student who has satisfactorily completed at least one full semester of college (12 semester hours or equivalent)
- Enrolled as a full-time (12 semester hours or equivalent) undergraduate student at an accredited institution in the United States
- A US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required