This scholarship, as a gift from Mr. Ward’s estate, is intended to honor his life and commitment to education and community service. Recipients must be permanent residents of Durham, Orange, Wake or Chatham County and plan to attend a 4-year public or private college or university in North Carolina; they are selected based on their financial need and commitment to community service.
In order to be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
- Residency Requirements: Residents of Chatham, Durham, Orange, and Wake counties
- High School Restrictions: None
- Plan of Study Restrictions: Applicants must plan to plan to attend a 4-year public or private college or university in North Carolina.
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- For residents of the following states: North Carolina
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Application form required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Triangle Community Foundation
Triangle Community Foundation is building a stronger Triangle for all. By working with dedicated donors and strong nonprofits, we are able to guide gifts in a strategic way to fill in gaps, reduce inequities, and solve the region’s most pressing challenges.Website