The Kirsten R. Lorentzen Award is an AWIS Educational Foundation program for female college sophomores and juniors studying physics, including space physics and geophysics, or geoscience. The award in the amount of $2,000 is given annually to an exceptionally well-rounded student who excels in her studies as well as outdoor activities, service, sports, music, or other non-academic pursuits or who has overcome significant obstacles. The award is administered by SPS and may be used for any aspect of education, including tuition, books, housing, or travel, for example.
- Applicants must be female students in the sophomore or junior year of college who are majoring in physics, including space physics and geophysics, or geoscience.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents who attend a college or university in the United States.
- Applicants must be undergraduate members of the SPS national organization
- Must be Female
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required