The Arkansas Academic Challenge Program provides scholarships to Arkansas residents pursuing higher education. Funded in large part by the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, the Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship is available to students regardless of their academic status, whether just graduating from high school, currently enrolled in college, enrolling in college for the first time, or re-enrolling after a period of time out of college.
- 4 Year Institutions: $1,000 freshman year | $4,000 sophomore year | $4,000 junior year | $5,000 senior year.
- 2 Year Institutions: $1,000 freshman year | $3,000 sophomore year
Basic Eligibility Criteria (Traditional & Non-Traditional Student)
An applicant must:
- Be an Arkansas resident (at least 12 months prior to enrollment and a US citizen/lawful permanent resident)
- Be accepted for admission at an approved institution of higher education in a program of study that leads to a baccalaureate degree, associate degree, qualified certificate, or a nursing school diploma
- Not have previously earned a baccalaureate degree
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (There is no maximum income)
- Not owe a refund on a federal or state student financial aid grant for higher education
- Not borrowed in excess of annual federal loan limits
- Not be incarcerated at the time of application for or during the time the applicant receives the scholarship
- For residents of the following states: Arkansas
- Application form required
- Test scores required