Arizona Artists Guild (AAG) is pleased to announce the 29th annual call for applicants for the AAG Visual Arts Scholarships. On average 4-6 scholarships are awarded each spring. Since inception, AAG has awarded over $100,000 in scholarships. This year $10,000 will be awarded. Up to $3000 will be available to student/s working with Water Media (watercolor, water based ink, etc).
The primary focus for each applicant should be quality, a cohesive body of work and clear documentation, along with a well written personal statement.
- Applicants must be continuing, full-time undergraduate or graduate students in a fine/studio arts program at a college or university in Arizona.
- The application is open to international students as long as all requirements are met. State residency is not a requirement.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and all artwork must be original and not more than 2 years old.
- Previous winners of an AAG scholarship are ineligible. Students should apply as many times as possible as long as all requirements are met. Many applicants apply 2-3 times before they are awarded.
- Winners must be willing to exhibit the work submitted, plus 1-3 additional pieces, and are available to give a short presentation at the award reception and at the AAG meeting. Please see the timeline below for details.
- Be sure to use the checklist on the application and adhere to the timeline below. Agreement forms must be signed.
- Submission materials cannot be returned to the applicants. All application packets must be emailed to: Scholarships@ArizonaArtistsGuild.net
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- For residents of the following states: Arizona
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Resume Required
- Image list, Artwork