In furthering our mission to increase and retain the number of individuals choosing the transit field as a career, the APTF will award a minimum of thirty scholarships, ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 to college students or transit professionals who are interested in pursuing or advancing in a career in the public transportation industry.
Our scholarships are for those who meet the following criteria:
- College sophomores (30 hours or more satisfactorily completed), juniors, seniors, or those seeking advanced degrees may apply for scholarships.
- Enrolled in a fully accredited institution, have and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA in course work that is relevant to the industry or required of a degree program, and demonstrate a strong interest in entering the public transportation industry.
- All returning applicants must be sponsored by a member organization of the American Public Transportation Association (APTA). Any member may serve as a sponsor. First-time applicants are not required to obtain a sponsor.
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Entry in a contest required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: American Public Transportation Foundation
A nonprofit international trade association of over 1400 public and private member organizations including transit systems and commuter railroads; planning, design, construction, and finance firms; product and service providers; academic institutions, state associations, and departments of transportation.Website