APIQWTC (Asian and Pacific Islander Queer Women and Transgender Community) is an organization in the SanFrancisco Bay Area providing support and community for nearly 800 queer and trans-Asian and Pacific Islander individuals. The APIQWTC scholarship supports queer Asian and Pacific Islander women and transgender people in their pursuit of technical/professional training or higher education.
The scholarship recognizes those who are active in the community and encourages future leaders. APIQWTC will be awarding scholarships of $2500 each to two Asian/Pacific Islander lesbian, bisexual, or queer women or transgender individuals pursuing technical/professional training or an undergraduate/graduate degree.
Please submit an electronic copy of the following to the email address below:
- A one-page cover letter (300 words or less) describing:
- 1-2 activities that you’ve been involved in within the API Queer & Trans community and why these activities are important to you
- Your future planned involvement in the API Queer & Trans community
- Any other special circumstances (i.e. financial need)
- A resume or c.v.
- A two-page double-spaced personal statement that addresses:
- How your cultural heritage, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity have influenced your life
- Other community activities related to your cultural heritage, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity that you’d like us to know about
- Any relevant experiences (i.e. work or school)
- Your future goals and planned community involvement, either through your career or otherwise o Any ties you have to the San Francisco Bay Area
- At least one but no more than two letters of recommendation:
- Letter(s) of recommendations should come from an instructor, employer, academic counselor, coach, community leader, or any other individual not related to you who is familiar with your personal, academic, or leadership qualities
- Letter(s) of recommendation MUST be emailed directly from the author’s email address
- Please send an official transcript either as:
- A secure, digitally signed electronic transcript file from your school
- Or, if your school cannot send an official electronic transcript, then please mail your official, sealed transcript to the address below
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Must be Asian/Pacific Islander
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Resume Required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information