Adobe believes that young people should have the opportunity to learn and express themselves through creativity and technology, regardless of their economic or cultural backgrounds. A diverse design community that reflects the world around us is essential to our industry’s future innovation and economic success.
To help reach untapped youth communities and foster more diversity in the design industry, the Design Circle scholarship will do just that: we are awarding 10 annual college scholarships — up to $25,000 per year, for each year of the recipient’s undergraduate education (up to four years or $100,000).
The scholarship is ideal for students who want to enter product design or experience design-related careers (e.g. digital, web, UX/UI, industrial design, or similar). We seek to support a diverse group of students to achieve their higher education and professional development goals. Applications are encouraged from candidates including, but not limited to: racial or ethnic minorities, females, those who identify as LGBTQ+, first-generation college students, and students with disabilities.
While there is no minimum grade requirement to apply for this scholarship, an applicant’s academic and extracurricular record must show potential to succeed in a college/university program in their intended field of study.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Portfolio required