Act Six is a full-tuition, full-need leadership and scholarship program that connects local faith-based community affiliates with faith- and social justice-based colleges to equip emerging urban and community leaders to engage the college campus and their communities at home.
Act Six brings together diverse, multicultural cadres of young people who want to use their college education to make a difference on campus and in their communities at home.
STUDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY IF THEY:
- love their community and want to use their college education to make a difference as a leader on campus and at home;
- are not currently enrolled at a four-year college (students at two-year colleges may apply);
- live in one of our seven Act Six program sites; and
- want to attend at least one of the Act Six partner colleges in their program site.
While ethnicity and family income are considered as factors in selecting an intentionally diverse group of scholars, there are no income restrictions, and students from all racial and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
There is no minimum GPA requirement and admissions standards vary across our partner colleges. In general, applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will need to demonstrate their readiness for academic success in college through their recommendations, essays and/or test scores.
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be American Indian/Alaska Native
- Must be Asian/Pacific Islander
- Must be Black, non-Hispanic
- Must be Hispanic, Latino/a
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Interview required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information