The Achievement Scholarship for Refugees and Immigrants in Wake County will provide financial awards for refugee and immigrant high school graduates who reside in Wake County to continue their education in a post-secondary setting. The goal is to support these students on a pathway to finding meaningful employment and becoming contributory members of their communities and adopted country.
The scholarship may be used towards any need listed under the school’s total cost of attendance. The student is responsible for all other charges. Payments are made annually for up to 4 years, and the student must maintain a 2.5 GPA and submit semester reports in order to continue receiving funding.
In order to be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
- Residency Requirements: Residents of Wake County
- High School Restrictions: None
- Plan of Study Restrictions: Applicants must plan to attend a public or private college or university in North Carolina
- This scholarship is restricted to immigrants, refugees, or first-generation US citizens.
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must currently be in high school
- For residents of the following states: North Carolina
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information