Tortuga Backpacks provides study abroad funding to students with a desire to take amazing extracurricular trips while studying abroad. This scholarship is awarded biannually to qualified American undergraduate students, as well as students who have a U.S. visa, who are interested in exploring more of the world during their international program.
The scholarship may be used for tuition, room and board, books, or travel. Funds will be sent directly to the winner’s study abroad program or university. In cases where this is not possible, alternative arrangements will be made.
To apply for the Tortuga Study Abroad Scholarship, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or currently studying in the US on a student visa
- Be a full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing at a four-year, degree-granting college or university in the U.S.
- Have applied to or been accepted into a study abroad program eligible for credit by your college or university
Two deadlines: April 15, November 15
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Essay required
How To ApplyOnline
Online at: https://www.tortugabackpacks.com/pages/study-abroad-scholarship
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information