Getting your degree is a key step toward your successful career and we want to help you get there! BWSF offers four scholarships annually to matriculating, female college students. Students must be enrolled at the time of award receipt. The application submission period is March 1 through March 31. Decisions are advised in May with awards distributed at the time of the subsequent semester of study.
This $1,000 scholarship is awarded to an outstanding African-American woman who is enrolled full-time in an accredited graduate program. The applicant should have played a sport in her undergraduate program and display the outstanding qualities of Madeline Kountze Dugger-Kelly.
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must be Female
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be Black, non-Hispanic
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Video Essay, Documentation of Sport Played
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Black Women in Sport Foundation
Black Women in Sport Foundation (BWSF) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase the involvement of black women and girls in all aspects of sport, including athletics, coaching and administration.