We think of our National Scholarship as the “Pell Grant” for highly motivated DREAMers with significant, unmet financial need. While we consider your GPA and test scores, we place great emphasis on your demonstrated commitment to community service and your ability to overcome the barriers and challenges that DREAMers face each and every day.
The National Scholarship Award will cover your tuition and fees up to a maximum of $16,500 for an associate degree and $33,000 for a bachelor’s degree, at one of our Partner Colleges. Please note, some Scholars may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $4,000 (or $1,000 per year) for books, supplies, and transportation.
The award is renewable each year – you simply have to meet the continuing eligibility criteria.
Applications are open to undocumented immigrant students with or without DACA or TPS who came to the U.S. before the age of 16 and before Nov. 1, 2017.
You are eligible to apply for our scholarship if you meet the following eligibility criteria (and the additional eligibility criteria set forth below):
You must have current DACA or TPS or certify that you meet the following immigration eligibility criteria:
- Came to the United States before the age of 16;
- Have continuously resided in the United States since November 1, 2015 up to the present time and have had no lawful status;
- Are currently in high school or have graduated from a United States high school or obtained a general education development (GED) certificate from a United States Program; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors in the categories which would have disqualified you for DACA, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
We have 70+ Partner Colleges across the United States that are committed to serving DREAMers and prepared to offer you the support services you need to help you successfully navigate your college life. Each of our Partner Colleges designates a Scholar Advisor to work with you and your fellow Scholars – individually and as a group. You will not be alone!
Note: We do not offer our Scholarship to DREAMers in California or Washington state because of the availability of generous state and institutional aid.
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Financial need analysis required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information