Established in 1991, the Field and Mary Scovell Scholarship Foundation honors the legacy of longtime Dallas ambassador and philanthropist Field Scovell, and his wife of nearly 50 years, Mary, both of whom had a passion for young people and education.
The Scovell Scholarship Foundation annually awards thousands of dollars in scholarships to North Texas youths with high moral character, leadership abilities, financial need and a connection to sports. The foundation funds 10 scholarships for graduating high school seniors planning on attending college in the state of Texas, as well as five continuing scholarships for previous Scovell Scholars still in college.
- Graduating high school senior
- Attending an accredited and approved collegiate institution in the State of Texas in the upcoming fall semester
- Leadership abilities
- Demonstrated connection to sports
- Evidence of financial need
- United States citizenship
- Attend high school in North Texas: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Wise counties.
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Test scores required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required