The SBS Merit Scholarship, formerly known as “Pellegrini Scholarship – merit only”, is a partial tuition grant, awarded at the post-secondary school level for vocational or undergraduate and graduate academic studies at an accredited school.
- This scholarship is based on merit alone (Grade Point Average 3.0 min.)
- The SBS Merit Scholarship does not renew automatically. Applicants are considered anew on a yearly basis. Students may apply for this grant every academic year, while pursuing their post-secondary and graduate studies.
- The scholarship is paid directly to the recipients’ schools in two installments, one at the beginning of the academic year, the fall semester, the other at the start of the spring semester.
- You or one of your parents is a Swiss national.
- You are a U.S. Resident.
- You are permanently domiciled in either New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania or Delaware for two years or more.
- You are in good academic standing (min GPA 3.0) and show aptitude in your chosen fields of study.
- You will study full-time (min. 12 credits) in college or graduate school
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- For residents of the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Test scores required
- Financial need analysis required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Proof of Swiss parentage
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Swiss Benevolent Society of New York
Charitable organization maintained by and for the benefit of the Swiss community. Social Service case management, scholarships, social events, Swiss Business Directory, and information center about the Swiss community.Website