The Emmy Noether Awards seek top aspiring female research scientists in any STEM (science, technology, engineering, or math) field to help realize their potential careers through financial and networking assistance.
The Emmy Noether Awards will determine one gold medalist, two silver medalists, and up to 10 Emmy Noether Scholars. The gold medalist will be awarded up to $75,000 ($25,000 for each year they are in a graduate-level program up to 3 years). The two silver medalists will be awarded $25,000 each for a qualified graduate-level program. The Emmy Noether Scholars will join a network of young female aspiring research scientists and will be offered information on internship and networking opportunities.
- Senior in High School
- Lives in or goes to school in Louisiana, Mississippi or Alabama
- Pursues a research based graduate degree and career in a STEM field
- 28 or higher on ACT
Examples of qualifying career aspirations: any laboratory researcher (PhD or Masters of Science programs), researching engineers (such as aerospace or computer engineer programs).
The following career aspirations will not be considered: Physicians (M.D. or physician assistant programs), nurses (R.N.), pharmacists, and veterinarians.
- Must currently be in high school
- For residents of the following states: Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi
- Must be Female
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Test scores required
- Recommendations or references required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information