Cherokee Nation College Resources is an advocate for Cherokee Nation citizens pursuing higher education. Scholarship advisors provide comprehensive student advisement and scholarship searches. Cherokee Nation scholarships are available for eligible tribal citizens residing within the Cherokee Nation reservation and contiguous boundaries or citizens who are eligible for the Pell grant and live outside those areas. Eligible high school juniors and seniors may also qualify for concurrent college classes.
Funds high school juniors or seniors who reside within the Cherokee Nation Reservation areas or contiguous counties. The contiguous area is more clearly defined as those counties located in the following states:
- Oklahoma: LeFlore, Haskell, Pittsburg, McIntosh, Muskogee, Wagoner, Tulsa and Osage Counties.
- Arkansas: Benton, Crawford, Sebastian and Washington Counties.
- Kansas: Chautauqua, Cherokee, Labette and Montgomery Counties.
- Missouri: McDonald County.
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be American Indian/Alaska Native
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Entry in a contest required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma
The organization is a source of pride and identity for its members, many of whom live in the original territory of the Cherokee Nation, which is located in fourteen counties of northeastern Oklahoma.Website