Microsoft awards tuition and conference scholarships each year to encourage students to further their learnings in Computer Science and related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) disciplines. Recipients for the scholarship will be awarded in recognition of their demonstrated passion for technology, academic excellence, and leadership while working to push the software industry forward.
We strongly encourage underrepresented groups to pursue STEM fields of study as we greatly value a broad range of perspectives and contributions. We are especially committed to offering scholarships to those individuals from backgrounds that may have historically been underrepresented in the technical field. We prioritize scholarship applications that demonstrate exceptional leadership work in the promotion of diversity in STEM disciplines at their university.
- Be enrolled full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at a four-year college or university in the United States, Canada, or Mexico at the time you submit the application.
- A demonstrated record of academic achievement/excellence. Because the scholarship is merit-based, you must maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average out of a possible 4.0, or a 4.0 cumulative grade point average out of a possible 5.0.
- Show satisfactory progress toward an undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related STEM discipline.
NOTE – The Scholarship Program is on pause for 2020. We look forward to re-launching in 2021. Please check back with us next year.
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Application form required