The scholarship is awarded to a qualified NBNA member based on scholastic achievement who is in pursuit of a baccalaureate, master’s or doctorate degree who is attending a Historically Black College or University. The scholarship comes with mentorship by the donor as necessary. Scholarship Requirements: (1) Must be a member of NBNA and a member of a local chapter (if one exists in your area). If a chapter does not exist within a 50-radius of your location you can join NBNA as a Direct Member; (2) Candidate must be currently enrolled in a nursing program (B.S.N., A.D., Diploma or L.P.N./ L.V.N. Masters , and Doctoral) and in good scholastic standing at the time of application; (3) Applicant must have at least one full year of school remaining.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be Black, non-Hispanic
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Entry in a contest required
- Photograph required
- Participation in student nurse activities, and involvement in the African American Community (i.e., letters, news clippings, awards, certificates)
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: National Black Nurses Association Inc.
The National Black Nurses Association is fortunate to have great nursing leaders among its leadership in a variety of areas. These programs help NBNA members grow stronger as they seek to provide culturally competent health care services in our communitieWebsite