The scholarship is awarded to a qualified NBNA member based on scholastic achievement who is in pursuit of a baccalaureate, master’s or doctorate degree who is attending a Historically Black College or University. The scholarship comes with mentorship by the donor as necessary. Scholarship Requirements: (1) Must be a member of NBNA and a member of a local chapter (if one exists in your area). If a chapter does not exist within a 50-radius of your location you can join NBNA as a Direct Member; (2) Candidate must be currently enrolled in a nursing program (B.S.N., A.D., Diploma or L.P.N./ L.V.N. Masters , and Doctoral) and in good scholastic standing at the time of application; (3) Applicant must have at least one full year of school remaining.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be Black, non-Hispanic
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Entry in a contest required
- Photograph required
- Participation in student nurse activities, and involvement in the African American Community (i.e., letters, news clippings, awards, certificates)
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: National Black Nurses Association Inc.
Nonprofit organization committed to excellence in education and conducts continuing education programs for nurses and allied health professionals throughout the year. The association provides annual scholarships for students.Website