The SWE Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to those who identify as a female/woman and are studying community college, baccalaureate, or graduate programs in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science. In 2019, SWE awarded nearly 260 new and renewed scholarships valued at over $810,000.
SWE provides one application for sophomores through graduate students and one application for freshmen. Applicants complete an application and are considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible.
Scholarships are typically awarded in May (sophomore, junior, senior and graduate students) and July (freshmen students) for use during the upcoming academic year. Scholarship payments are made in September. Recipients are also announced in September.
A few main eligibility points:
- Only candidates who identify as a female/woman.
- Undergraduate/community college applicants must be planning to study an ABET-accredited program in engineering, technology, or computing in the upcoming academic year.
- Masters and PhD candidates must be enrolled or accepted at a school with ABET-accredited programs in engineering, computing, or technology.
- You must be planning to attend full time (exceptions are made for reentry and non-traditional applicants).
- You must not be fully funded for tuition, fees, and books or equivalent.
- Transcripts must be in English. See below for more details.
- 3.5 Minimum GPA
- Must be Female
- Type of institution award is restricted to: four-year college
- Application form required
- Transcript required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: Society of Women Engineers
The Society of Women Engineers is a not-for-profit educational and service organization that empowers women to succeed and advance in the field of engineering through an exciting array of training and development programs, networking opportunities, scholarships, and outreach and advocacy activities.Website